NetBSD 7.1 comes with some exciting highlights like support for Raspberry Pi Zero, improved NVIDIA graphics card support, inclusion of vioscsi, a driver for the Google Compute Engine disk and other bug fixes.
For more details, see release notes published by NetBSD project.
- Support for Raspberry Pi Zero.
- Initial DRM/KMS support for NVIDIA graphics cards via nouveau (Disabled by default. Uncomment nouveau and nouveaufb in your kernel config to test).
- The addition of vioscsi, a driver for the Google Compute Engine disk.
- Linux compatibility improvements, allowing, e.g., the use of Adobe Flash Player 24. wm(4): C2000 KX and 2.5G support.
- Wake On Lan support. 82575 and newer SERDES based systems now work. ODROID-C1 Ethernet now works.
- Numerous bug fixes and stability improvements.