Mr Tomasz Jokiel of Porteus Kiosk development team has announced release of Porteus Kiosk 4.2.0, latest updated release of special purpose GNU/Linux distribution developed for embedded systems like ATM systems, display boards, digital advertisements ..etc. This release of Porteus Kios comes with updated packages like Linux kernel 4.4.36, Xorg Server 1.18.4, Mozilla Firefox 45.5.1 ESR and Google Chrome 54.0.2840.100. Other package updates are tagged on 3rd december 2016.
You may also see a detailed change log shared in projects website.
- All files utilized by the clients (wallpaper, screensaver slideshow images, browser preferences, proxy pac config) can be hosted directly on Porteus Kiosk Server - no need to use 3rd party web hosting service anymore.
- If multiple browser tabs were set during instalaltion then its possible to toggle between the tabs at specific time interval. This is useful for digital signage purposes.
- Screensaver slideshow can display images in random order instead of alphabetic order.
- Recompiled xf86-video-intel driver without DRI3 support as it causes issues on older Intel Alviso (gen3) GPUs.
- 'C++' and 'C--' keyboard shortcuts are deactivated when 'disable_zoom_controls=yes' parameter is used.
- Added conky application to monitor Porteus Kiosk Server resources: CPU, RAM, storage and network utilization.
- Server logs can be rotated more than once in a day.
- Remote config can be edited directly on the Server through the Administration Panel.
- Other bugfixes and improvements.