The PC-BSD team, announced release of PC-BSD 10.2 stable, which is latest update to PC-BSD 10.x series. PC-BSD 10.x users can directly update into this system through update manager utility of `pc-updatemanager` command.
According to release announcement made by PC-BSD team in official blog following are major highlights of new release.
- FreeBSD 10.2-RELEASE base system
- Many bugfixes and enhancements to installer to dual-boot setups
- New CD-sized network installation media, with Wifi Configuration via GUI
- Switched to “iocage” for jail management backend
- Disk Manager GUI now available via installer GUI
- Bug-fixes and improvements to Life-Preserver replications
- Improved localization options for login manager
- Options to Enable / Disable SSHD or IPv6 at installation
- New “Plugins” system for AppCafe, allowing download of pre-built jail environments
- Improvements to look-n-feel of AppCafe for package management
- Improved fonts and better support for 4K monitor setups
- Enterprise package repo, which only has security updates, allowing users to run a server / desktop or jail with fairly consistent package versions.
- Firefox 40.0_1,1
- Chromium 44.0.2403.130
- Thunderbird 38.1.0
- Lumina 0.8.6
- GNOME 3.16.2