The PC-BSD team announced immediate availability of PC-BSD 10.2 RC1, development release of upcoming FreeBSD based BSD distribution.
According to official release announcement published in PC-BSD blog, following are new features introduced in this release.
- FreeBSD 10.2 base system
- Many bugfixes and enhancements to installer to dual-boot setups
- New CD-sized network installation media, with Wifi Configuration via GUI
- Switched to “iocage” for jail management backend
- Disk Manager GUI now available via installer GUI
- Bug-fixes and improvements to Life-Preserver replications
- Improved localization options for login manager
- Options to Enable / Disable SSHD or IPv6 at installation
- New “Plugins” system for AppCafe, allowing download of pre-built jail environments
- Improvements to look-n-feel of AppCafe for package management
- Improved fonts and better support for 4K monitor setups
- Enterprise package repo, which only has security updates, allowing users to run a server / desktop or jail with fairly consistent package versions.
- FireFox 39.0
- Chromium 43.0.2357.134
- Thunderbird 38.1.0
- Lumina 0.8.6