NetBSD developers announced release of second release candidate for NetBSD 7.0. NetBSD is a free, fast, secure and portable Unix like GNU/Linux distribution that can power a wide range of devices.
According to official release announcement, following are some changes introduced in this release.
- OpenSSL updated to 1.0.1p
- BIND updated to 9.10.2-P2
- IPSEC support is now included by default in Xen kernels
- Fix several security issues in calendar(1)
- installboot(8) now supports wedge names
- Fix a quota panic when using WAPBL (PR 49948)
- Fix a memory leak in the drm2 code
- Avoid an X crash on i915 DRMKMS
- Add a postinstall(8) check to ensure that /etc/man.conf reflects the modern mandoc world (PR 50020)
- Add a postinstall(8) check to ensure that /etc/fonts/fonts.conf is up to date
- tset(1): Fix handling of the erase character