OpenMediaVault team, through volker announced release of OpenMediaVault 2.1 with code name 'Stone Burner'. OpenMediaVault is a next is network attached storage (NAS) solution based on Debian GNU/Linux. It includes services like SSH, (S)FTP, SMB/CIFS, DAAP media server, RSync, BitTorrent client and many more.
According to release announcement, following are major features of new release:
- Using Sencha ExtJS 5.1.1 framework for the WebGUI
- Add a new dashboard and widgets
- Many internal improvements and bugfixes
- Improved the internal network interface backend
- Add Wi-Fi support. Only WPA & WPA2 is supported
- Add VLAN support
- The network interface configuration page has been modified. Now only the configuration values are displayed. Use the dashboard widget to show the state of all network interfaces.
- The public key of the user must now be specified in the RFC 4716 SSH public key file format. It is possible to add multiple keys.
- Option to turn off the collection of system performance statistics.
- Use the browser local storage to store the WebGUI state (e.g. displayed grid columns, column width, …) instead of cookies.