Manjaro team announced release of Manjaro Cinnamon Edition 0.8.13, the latest stable release of Arch based rolling GNU/Linux distribution. Manjaro Cinnamon comes with Cinnamon 2.6, which is the latest stable release of Cinnamon so far.
Following are major features and enhancements introduced in Manjaro Cinnamon 0.8.13 release.
- Cinnamon 2.6 is introduced, which is the latest stable release of Cinnamon so far.
- On supported hardware Cinnamon now uses a newer “cogl” API.
This change is known to prevent some of the causes of desktop freezing issues observed in previous releases.
- logind/consolekit-upower support
- systemd-logind support also consolekit (possibly openrc).
- Improved response time, reduced CPU usage and loading time.
- Multi-monitor and multi-panel support
- Xscreensaver as optional depency also packed in iso.
- Panels can now be added/removed/configured individually and moved to different positions across one or multiple monitors.
- With new inhibit applet you can use presentation mode
- Redesigned system settings.
- Nemo features a brand new plugin manager.
- Efforts were made to improve ATK/Orca support in visual Cinnamon components.
For detailed description of new features introduced, visit official release announcement.