Manjaro developers announced release of Manjaro 0.8.13, the latest stable release of Arch based rolling GNU/Linux distribution offering simplicity and usability.
Manjaro 0.8.13 is result of long 4 months of development effort. This release of Manjaro comes mainly in XFCE and KDE flavors.
Manjaro 0.8.13 includes a well tweaked variation of XFCE 4.12. Following are major changes made in XFCE version.
- Improved Thunar file manager that supports tabs and other cool features like inverting selection, location handling and side pane.
- New popup calendar and support for timezones.
- Improved display settings with ability to clone displays via the GUI and other basic monitor management options.
- Window manager has got smart placement optimization for determining the best area to place a new window where it’s least covered on the screen.
- Window manager also supports aligning windows next to each other instead of using random gaps.
Manjaro 0.8.13 includes a customized variations of Plasma 5.3.1, KDE Frameworks 5.10.0 and latest KDE Apps 15.04.1. Following are some new KDE features introduced in this release.
- New Plasma 5 provides a visually updated core desktop experience.
- Migration to complete hardware-accelerated graphics stack centered around an OpenGL(ES) scenegraph.
- Manjaro Art team has forked new KDE Breeze set with a name Maia, to be in harmony with rest of visual appealing desktops.
- Most of the known errors of KDE 5 are fixed.
For a complete list of changes and official release announcements, visit here