Calculate Linux developers announced release of Calculate Linux 14.16.2, the latest stable release of Gentoo based GNU/Linux distribution that provides optimized operating systems for two distinct groups of people: home users as well as small and medium businesses that prefer open-source to proprietary solutions.
According to release announcement, following are major changed made in this release.
- A lighter and more Gentoo-friendly Splashutils tool was finally preferred to Plymouth.
- OpenRC bootup comes parallel by default.
- Network interfaces got back their classic names. The 70-persistent-net.rules file will be generated by CU templates.
- Less (useless) packages in CLD and CLDX ; less dependencies in CMC and CLS.
- Chromium problem fixed in CLDX: feel free to open as many tabs as you need.
- USB 3G/4G modems now working correctly.
- The default updates checkup interval was fixed at 24 hours.
- CLD and CLDX flavors both delivered with SMPlayer YouTube Browser.
- In CLD, the GParted editor was replaced with KDE Partition Manager.
- Python 3.4 included everywhere.
- Card reader notification bug fixed.
- Installed OS detection fixed.
- No more problem with launching the system from some USB controllers.
- Libreoffice updated to v4.4.3 (marked as recommended for corporate users).